Monday 1 November 2010

The Tin ware & Electrics

 

All done. I spent the day fitting the mudguards, oil tank, toolbox and chain guard.  I also put the wheels on and completely wired up the electrics. And as you can see from the pictures below, I have also taken the bike off the jack and put it on my lift.

P1010252

  P1010254

P1010259

P1010253

P1010264

The Electrics

All the wiring is done now. I bought a cloth harness with a white tracer running though it, instead of the black plastic one. Plus, I also converted the electrics to run on twelve volt instead of the normal six volt. To do this, all you have to do is take out the old dynamo chain and replace it with a belt drive kit, which makes the dynamo run faster, giving it a bit more on the output (it’s all to do with the size of the pulleys). Next job is to fit a twelve volt battery that I bought from Burlen Fuel Systems Ltd (which is their solid pure lead switchable 6 or 12 volt space age bike battery), plus a 12 volt regulator which is DVR2 switchable 6 or 12 volt from MTML and some 12 volt light bulbs. And there you have it.  Nice bright lights, so I can see where I am going - instead of those old dim ones.

 

P1010265

P1010278

P1010258  P1010266

This is the brown wiring diagram that I used, the reason being that most of the wires are brown with colour tracers. 

bsa a10

No comments:

Post a Comment