Sunday 7 November 2010

Ignition timing & top end

 

Today I moved one of my bikes from the bike shed & put it in my workshop for the winter layover, so I can give it a service & a good clean. This bike is a 2007 Royal Enfield 350cc trails, which is a road bike not a full fledged off roader, it’s just a fun bike to ride.

7

Anyway, back to the job in hand. I set the ignition timing on the A10 as per the Haynes manual, & rechecked it three times just to make sure it was right, but I will have to wait for the big start-up day to find out.

P1010267        P1010269

After setting the timing, I put the cylinder head on & fitted the rocker box. I used a push rod comb to set the rods in the right place, & as luck would have it, they went together the first time. I then adjusted the tappets to the correct distance, as in the book  

P1010271

No comments:

Post a Comment