Tuesday 23 November 2010

The Exhaust

 

I purchased this exhaust about six months ago from a well known company in the UK, so, no problem I thought. Well the first thing I did was to put some anti-blueing in the exhaust pipes - this is a product called kreem, which I think comes from the USA. I have used this before many years a go but it was a white colour then and it worked very well so I though I would use it again.

P1000933

Now, this job should take no longer than around 45 minutes, but it wasn't to be. The exhaust pipes went on with no problem. But when I tried fitting the silencers, nothing wanted to fit. When I looked at the old silencer brackets they were an one inch longer than the new ones. After a couple of phone calls, and a chat with some friends, they all said the smaller ones were the right size. The thing was, the rear passenger footrest would not go over the silencer and through the hole that fixes them to the frame. Plus the hole was an inch lower and could not reach the hole in the frame. So, did i have the wrong silencers? Also, the exhaust pipes were supposed to have an upward bend on the ends, but they were the same as the old pipes that I had just taken off, and as I have had the new ones for six months and had put the anti-blueing stuff in the pipes, I could not send them back. So what I did was cleaned and painted the old brackets, made two quarter inch spacers on the lath to space out the silencers, and then fitted them.

IMAG0009

P1010280

P1010275

Well they’re on and pretty straight, but I still think its the wrong exhaust.

P1010285

1 comment:

  1. A motorcycle will not perform as expected if it is installed with the wrong motorcycle helmet. Ensure that you got the right exhaust installed for a more relaxed ride.(Harley Motorcycle Parts)

    ReplyDelete