Tuesday 16 November 2010

Refitting the Primary & Clutch

 

Another day in the workshop fitting the clutch. As you will see from the pictures, it is a four spring clutch. So, first I put on the inner primary & the sliding plate, with the big felt washer behind it. Next, on went the engine sprocket, shock absorber spring, sleeve nut & split pin. Then I put on the clutch basket with new roller bearings. And then the retaining sleeve nut, which holds it all together. After that, was the primary chain.

P1010272

P1010273

After the chain went on, I put all the clutch plates in & new push rod which is a bit longer than the standard one, as I am putting a billet alley pressure plate on, which they say makes the clutch a lot easier to pull in & stops clutch drag. Also, when I fitted it I found that I could adjust the pressure plate a lot better  

P1010276

So now, I have adjusted the clutch and primary chain and the outer cover is on, plus I have replaced the horn (as the old one was a 6volt aftermarket thingy, so I went out and found a refurbished one which is 12volt) from a bike show that i went to 

P1010279

No comments:

Post a Comment